The BUTFF Awards are awarded annually:
BEST FEATURE BUT AWARD
Every year, the BUTFF Best Feature Award will be awarded by a special, hand-picked jury filled to the brim with people who not only know what makes a film truly “BUT,” but have also been active in the subculture for quite some time.
• Alien Nightmare X (2019) Dmitry Chmelyov, Russia
• Brutal (2018) Takashi Hirose, Japan
• Clownado (2019) Todd Sheets, USA
• Flesh City (2019) Thorsten Fleisch, Germany
• Go Home! (2018) Luna Gualano, Italy
• One Must Fall (2019) Antonia Pantoja, USA
BEST SHORTS BUT AWARD
Short films within the BUT genre are made across the globe. The shorts shown at BUTFF generally stand out due to their high quality and, as a result, boast the highest attendance numbers amond shows at the festival.
• BFF Girls (2018) Brian Lonano, United States
• The Doll (2019) Flávio Carnielli, Brazil
• I Am The Doorway (2018) Simon Pearce, UK
• Pain Noir (2018) Adrien Bourcier, Louise Duveau, Charlotte Thiriez, Rémi Fumery, Justin Lauridant, Massimo Partipilo, Clément Sagnier, Mariane Vanhoed, France
• Psycho Kino (2017) Guillem Dols, Spain
BUT GROUNDBREAKER AWARD
This award goes to filmmakers, actors or other artists for their outstanding achievements within the BUT genre.
BUT LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
A BUTFF award for someone who has made an extraordinary contribution to the BUTFF genre.
BUT BEST PERFORMANCE AWARD
A BUTFF award for the best and most mesmerizing performance on the BUT Square.